logo DEVON BRIDGE ASSOCIATION
The home of Bridge in Devon
EBU logo
Menu

July 2019 Meeting Minutes


Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the DBA held at the Devon Hotel on 23 July 2019 at 6pm.

Draft minutes awaiting approval at the next meeting.

1. Present: (Chair) Geoff Clements; (North) Neil Marsden; (North) Elizabeth Nunn; (East) Jean Harrison; (Western League) A Leslie

2. Apologies: Douglas Dunn; Dave Strawbridge

3. Previous Minutes, Matters Arising

3.1 Agreed a minor correction to the previous minutes
Proposed Geoff Clements; seconded Andrew Leslie.

3.2 Jeremey Child – DBA have funded his attendance on EBU advanced director training.

4. Section Reports

4.1 North. More expenditure on new cards but otherwise quiet period.

4.2. East. Difficulty in finding new chair – so secretary having to take on two roles. Seeking help with running the Eastern League and John Woolcott.

4.3. South. Terence Treeby chair but will not attend DBA meetings; Dave Strawbridge treasurer

4.4. West. No report – GC to communicate with their officials.

5. Education

Letter to EBED asking for details of those who attended the teaching training course in Exeter April 2019.  Await response. Not impressed that EBED had neither  informed the DBA nor the education sub-committee with their details even though they ask for meeting reports.
Email to all known teachers about their course plans for 2019-20
Action: JH - planning a social media campaign – set up some facebook groups.
Action: GC – to write to all clubs about how DBA could help fund teaching.

6. County Teams

AL reported on his B and C pool names. Committee discussed who should be selectors and to cover both teams.
Action – AL to invite suitable candidates, one from each area.
Action: TT to supply boards for county match 21st September.

7. Miscellaneous

Action: JH to find out possibility of meetings at Gipsy Hill.

8. Date of Next meeting

Date for next DBA meeting – 30th October 2019, 6pm at Devon Hotel Exeter EX2 8XU.

The meeting closed at 7.25 pm.