Minutes of the Post–AGM Committee Meeting of the DBA held via Zoom on 29 July 2020.
The meeting opened at 5pm.
Draft minutes awaiting approval at the next meeting.
1. Present: (Chair) Geoff Clements; (Secretary) Doug Dunn; (North) Neil Marsden; (North) Elizabeth Nunn; (East) Jean Harrison; (Western League) Andrew Leslie; (Online Bridge sub-committee); Jacqui Munns.
2. Apologies: None.
3. Previous Minutes, Matters Arising
No matters arising from the minutes of the meeting on 3 June 2020. They were agreed and accepted.
4. Post-AGM matters
- The committee welcomed Jacqui Munns to the meeting following the decision to co-opt members to form a sub-committee for planning online bridge events.
- Terence T was thanked for setting up a DBA Virtual Bridge Pairs on Wednesday nights. Attendance so far has been 9 and 10 tables including a pair of robots. Wednesday night was chosen so as not to clash with other online evening events.
- The sub-committee for online bridge is to be formed by the end of August. All interested to contact Jacqui Munns. As online bridge can be played anywhere and at any time, she made the point that it is possible to provide too much bridge resulting in difficulties with arranging matches.
Actions to be taken:
- Contact 4 virtual Directors in East section (JH)
- Find out who are online bridge players, set up a D division for players under NGS rank of 10 interested in playing for the county (AL)
- Find out details of EBU involvement with county matches.
Following a short discussion where we agreed inter-county online friendlies should be under EBU principles and funded by DBA, A Leslie wrote a report which is summarised on the DBA website:
Andrew Leslie has been working hard to organise the Western League Counties into playing a series of friendly matches against each other on BBO.
Format: The format is still being discussed but is likely to be:
- played in 3 or 4 divisions
- head to head matches
- 16 boards
- on Saturdays at 5pm
- Possible dates: 13 Sept, 18 Oct, 25 Oct, 31 Oct, 1 Nov, 15 Nov, 22 Nov, 29 Nov, 6 Dec
6. Any Other Business
The committee agreed to continue funding the Zoom Pro account at a cost of £11.99 +VAT per month while we continue to have online meetings.
The committee were in favour of holding monthly online meetings.
9. Date of Next meeting
Wed 26 August, 5pm via Zoom. Link to be emailed the week before.