July 2021 Meeting MinutesPublished on Aug 16, 2021
Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the DBA held online 28 July 2021
The meeting opened at 5pm.
1. Present: (Chair) Geoff Clements; (Secretary) Doug Dunn; (Treasurer) Neil Marsden; (North) Jacqui Munns; (East) Jean Harrison
Apologies – None
2. Previous Minutes
Minutes for June were accepted and approved JM, seconded NM.
Matters arising – None
3. Section Reports
- JH - Gypsy Hill hotel is closing in October so Exeter will be looking for a new club premises.
They voted to continue to play online for the next 12 months.
- Regarding online directing it would be helpful for the EBU to give further guidance.
- NM – Barnstaple BC plan to reopen f2f on 23 September.
- Braunton BC have not announced when they will be opening, possibly 1 or 8 September. In the mean time their website encourages members to play online.
- GC - Torquay BC opened f2f on 26 July with 13 pairs and was enjoyed by all. Monday and Tuesday sessions will continue and visitors from other clubs are welcome. New Road Teignmouth BC also opened on 21 July playing (Wednesday afternoons and Monday evenings).
- The Torquay Congress is planned to run online on RealBridge in November. Information for booking will be available soon.
4. Western League update
JM – The first inter-county session is to start on 2 October. To be run via RealBridge with 3 teams A, B and C. Selection will be based on NGS. JM to contact Warner S regarding the A Team. Some matches may be teams of 8 which allowing more people to play. Matches to be held on Saturdays at 2pm. (The second scheduled for 27 Nov).
5. Returning to F2F bridge
A few clubs have returned to f2f. At Torquay and Teignmouth New Road masks were not worn but windows were opened for ventilation and sanitation was available. At New Road BC members carried their bidding box when moving from table to table.
Meeting ended 6.05pm.
Date of next DBA meeting: 22 September 5pm on zoom