logo DEVON BRIDGE ASSOCIATION
The home of Bridge in Devon
EBU logo
Menu

October 2021 Meeting Minutes

Published on Oct 30, 2021

Minutes of the Committee Meeting of the DBA held online 20 October 2021

The meeting opened at 4pm.

1. Present: (Chair) Geoff Clements; (Secretary) Doug Dunn; (Treasurer+North) Neil Marsden; (East) Jean Harrison; (North) Jacqui Munns

Apologies – None

2. Previous Minutes

Minutes for September were accepted and approved by the committee.
Matters arising – Amend to say Sally Anoyrkatis is continuing with Tuesday evening play sessions followed by supervision.

3. Section Reports

North Section

  • NM – North section invite people play in the Charity Swiss Tram at the village hall in Filleigh on Sunday 28th November. This is a friendly event, hot lunch included. Entry can be made through the website.

  • North Devon Congress 25-27 Feb 2022 will be live and is open for entries via N Devon website.

East Section

  • JH – Online play is continuing. There are no more sessions providing extra EBU master points.

  • Victoria Park club are playing f2f offering 6 or 7 tables.

  • Topsham have returned to f2f play.

  • John Woollcott will be arranged for 15 Jan 2022 online through RealBrdge.

South Section

  • Newton Abbot are continuing to play Thursday evenings at the Devon FA Headquarter, Coach Road.

  • Torquay are playing at the Zion Hall on Tuesday evenings.

  • Torquay Congress Swiss Pairs to run online 6 Nov.

4. Treasurer's Report

NM –  Regarding recent scam calls (pretending to Lloyds bank) asking for payments to be made - No money has been taken from the DBA account. The real Lloyds Fraud site has been contacted and no action taken as yet. Committee to discuss with Ruth about possibility of setting up a secure members area on the DBA website.  

5. Western League update

  • JM - Tripping along nicely. All results are on DBA website.

  • Thanks given to Stephen Raferty for selecting pairs and arranging the county matches.

  • We may need to contact the additional people who said they were interested in playing.

  • JM to send email to those at the start of next year.

6. Upcoming competitions

  • Tollemache - DD to contact Warner S and to arrange entry to the Tollemache qualifying session. To be held online on 13-14 Nov.
    The team is now confirmed as: 
    Stefan Lindfors and Jim Grant
    Gillian and Joe Fawcett
    Alex Maddocks and Warner Solomon
    Harry and Sam Anoyrkatis
    Sally Anoyrkatis (reserve)

  • Winter Pairs – Set up to start on the 27th Oct and then the 1st Wed of every month until April via RealBrdge. The Devon Wednesday vPairs has now ended after weekly sessions since July 2020. We should thank Terence T managing the DBA Wed Pairs and setting up the new monthly Winter Pairs.

  • Devon Congress – planned to be held on 9-10 April 2022. Waiting to hear from Livermead House as to whether the hotel is available that weekend. Otherwise event to be held online as it was this year.

  • Teams of 8 and Devon Knockout Teams to be arranged

7. AOB

None.

Meeting ended 5pm.

Next meeting

Date of next DBA meeting: 24 November 4pm on zoom